Empath Health is currently seeking a Clinical Nurse Educator to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
This position is part of a team responsible for the overall professional development process for staff. The Clinical Nurse Educator also contributes to other performance improvement and educational activities that support the strategic goals of Empath Health and all of its affiliates.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• Education and/or Experience: Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent highly preferred; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Licensure: Licensed Nurse, RN/BSN preferred.
• Certifications (i.e. CPR): CHPN Certified preferred.
• At least three (3) years discipline specific experience in hospice and/or palliative care, oncology, human service or related field.
• In depth current knowledge in area of specialty related to hospice and palliative care
• Knowledge of adult learning principles preferred.
• Demonstrated passion for providing the highest quality support and on-the-job education to the IDT in a variety of care environments.
• Prefer at least two (2) years experience in the design, development and delivery of professional development programs utilizing a blended learning approach.
• Interest in developing advanced skills with EMR. Proficiency with Suncoast Solutions software strongly preferred.
• Commitment to utilizing instructional design and project management best practices in meeting the needs of all agency stakeholders.
• Commitment and ability to work with various departments and interdisciplinary teams to meet patient/family care and organizational goals.
• Strong interpersonal, oral / written communication and public speaking skills.
• Must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must be able to provide proof of automobile insurance, a copy of which will be place in their employee file.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• 29 Days Paid Time Off annually
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Recognition Programs
• Tuition reimbursement
• Much more!
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please send all applications to the Hospice Provider listed on the job listing. Florida Hospice & Palliative Care Association will not accept or forward any applications received.