Empath Health is a nonprofit integrated network of care that provides expert, life-changing health care to those with chronic and advanced illnesses. Empath Health includes hospice, palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, HIV services and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice was established in 1977 by a group of volunteers who realized the value of hospice care and wanted to bring it to their community. As a member of Empath Health, we are a nonprofit organization that provides care, compassion and comfort to thousands of Pinellas County residents.
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate Bereavement Counselor to provide bereavement counseling and assessment for those affected by the loss of an Empath Health patient. An individualized bereavement plan of care is developed by the IDT and updated by the bereavement counselor as indicated. Family members, friends and caregivers of a Hospice patient may receive ongoing bereavement follow-up for a minimum of 13 months following the death of the patient as requested. The bereavement counselor, working in collaboration with the IDT, is responsible for assisting the bereaved clients in the grief process and integrating the loss into their life.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As a Bereavement Counselor with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
o LCSW, LMHC, LMFT, or licensed eligible and actively seeking Florida licensure
o Valid Florida State Driver’s License
• Continuing Education: As required for licensure.
• Two (2) years paid experience in Social Work/Counseling position with an emphasis on bereavement preferred.
• Must have excellent skill in assessment, communication, organizational ability, self-motivation and technology.
• For field-based positions, employees must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
Other benefits include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops and conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
Please send all applications to the Hospice Provider listed on the job listing. Florida Hospice & Palliative Care Association will not accept or forward any applications received.