Date/Time: 05/31/2023, 12:00 am
Now is the time for current leadership to proactively teach the next generation.
Years of experience can be preserved within an agency by developing a mentorship program. Mentoring from within helps address the staffing crisis while incentivizing internal growth and inspiring future leaders.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Describe core competencies that both leaders and mentors should possess
- Identify the goals of a mentoring program
- Understand how dynamic and complex relationships can spur growth
- Explain the benefits of mentoring leadership from within
- Identify successful mentoring program requirements
Today’s healthcare climate continues to see an exodus of experienced leadership. As leaders leave, agencies lose years of knowledge and wisdom related to regulations, compliance, quality control, management, clinical skills, and overall operations. By mentoring future leaders from within, the agency can preserve and build upon the existing knowledge and skill sets of current staff members. This webinar will address core competencies for leaders and mentors such as self-knowledge, strategic vision, risk taking, creativity, interpersonal communication effectiveness, and inspiration. It will review the goals and objectives a mentoring program should have. Learn how to identify potential leaders from within, what effective mentor/leader relationships look like, what program options are available, and when to implement a mentorship plan.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for CEOs, CFOs, governing boards, administrators, directors, and clinical managers. All key decision makers who have leadership retiring within the next two years will greatly benefit.
- Weblinks to additional resources, including:
- Mentorship: the heart and soul of health care leadership, published by the Journal of Healthcare Leadership
- ACHE Healthcare Executive 2021 Competencies Assessment Tool
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
- Attendance certificate provided, however there are no pre-approved CEs associated with this webinar