Date/Time: 01/27/2021, 2:00 pm - 8:30 pm
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
This training can serve as a foundation for new staff orientation and a refresher for seasoned team members striving for agency excellence and compliance.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify who is eligible for the Hospice Medicare Benefit
- Define the required documentation supporting a Medicare Eligible Hospice Admission
- Explain the four Levels of Care and the documentation required for each
- Clarify per the CMS Conditions of Participation what are considered core hospice services
- Identify what is required under the new hospice benefit election statement and addendum
- Understand the benefit of using Local Coverage Determinations (LCDs) for greater accuracy when documenting
- Recognize the difference between hospice and palliative care
This Hospice 101 webinar will provide a review of the Medicare Hospice Benefit, which can be used for new hospice staff orientation and onboarding and as a refresher for every team member. The emphasis on Medicare post-acute care and value continues, and increased use of hospice care is anticipated . This opens the door to further CMS scrutiny. It is imperative that all staff have a clear understanding of the Medicare Hospice Benefit to ensure agency compliance. A full understanding of hospice eligibility and required documentation is crucial to supporting a qualified Medicare Hospice admission. This webinar will review the new Hospice Patient Election Statement, the Patient Addendum of Non-Covered Services, the four Levels of Care and required documentation, and hospice admission paperwork. Learn the ins and outs of the certification process, including high-risk areas such as Medicare audits, payment denials, and inappropriate admissions that can trigger CMS oversight.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This webinar is recommended for all new hospice staff and anyone who would benefit from a refresher on the Hospice Benefit, including board members, quality assurance and compliance personnel, DOPCSs, admission team nurses, clinical managers, intake staff, liaisons, and marketing and business development team members. Home health administrators who are interested in adding a hospice agency to their service portfolio and care continuum will also benefit.
- The Medicare Hospice Benefit – official government handout
- CMS’ Medicare and Medicaid Programs: Hospice Conditions of Participation
- Changes to Hospice Regulations at 42 CFR 418 FY2020 Hospice Wage Index Final Rule
- COVID-19 Public Reporting Tip Sheet
- Links to the following:
- Hospice GIP Audit Tool
- LCD tool example
- Hospice Orientation for the Interdisciplinary Team, A Training Compendium for New Care Staff
- PDF of slides and the speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.