Date/Time: 02/25/2021, 2:00 pm - 8:30 pm
10:00 am – 11:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Is a palliative care program right for your organization? This informative webinar will walk you through several considerations, including your organization’s ultimate goals (do they align with this service?), potential fraud and abuse risks, and the operational advantages or inefficiencies of a palliative care program.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify controlling law and guidance for palliative care programs
- Distinguish between main palliative care program models and key points of comparison
- Understand guiding business questions on what palliative care program model is right for your organization
- Explain existing palliative care service opportunities available under Medicare Part B and potential additional services requiring partnerships or CMS approval
- Recognize the fraud and abuse concerns surrounding palliative care programs
Palliative care programs are growing in popularity as Medicare and commercial payors have begun to recognize the valuable role these programs play in patient care. In turn, this recognition has led to increased revenue streams, including Medicare Part B billing codes and contracts with commercial payors, both of which are increasingly focused on bundled payments with a movement away from fee-for-service. These trends are expected to continue, and palliative care programs will want the flexibility to provide an array of services. However, there is no one-size-fits-all approach to providing palliative care. Developing a successful palliative care program, which can be structured in a variety of ways, depends on several considerations, including the organization’s ultimate goals, potential fraud and abuse risks, and operational advantages or inefficiencies. Join the presenters as they delve into the current palliative care landscape and provide their unique insights on this growing area of patient care.
Attendance certificate provided to self-report CE credits.
THIS WEBINAR WILL BENEFIT THE FOLLOWING AGENCIES:
- Home Health
- Home Care
- Palliative Care
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative overview of palliative care services is designed for CEOs, presidents, administrators, in-house legal counsel, and anyone who is looking for more information about how their organization can diversify offerings through a palliative care program.
- Husch Blackwell’s Hospice Resource Center links
- Link to Husch Blackwell’s podcast Hospice Insights: The Law and Beyond
- Handouts summarizing palliative care program models and Medicare service opportunities for palliative care programs
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.
This webinar is available exclusively through the Hospice & Home Care Webinar Network.