Emergency Preparedness: Creating an Effective, Integrated & Communicated Plan & Program
Date/Time: 06/23/2022, 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Have you evaluated your emergency preparedness management program and plan in-depth since the March 2020 declaration of a public health emergency for the pandemic?
This informative session will be an excellent refresher on how to update and evaluate your plan and prepare for the next survey.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Define CMS’s four major content sections required for an Emergency Preparedness Plan (EPP)
- Complete a risk assessment and a hazards vulnerability analysis
- Evaluate your agency’s EPP and program
- Complete a post emergency report and improvement action plan
- Integrate new agency emergency measures
- Identify areas of increased survey oversight
This webinar will take your agency through CMS’s Conditions of Participation and the four content section requirements that must be included in your emergency preparedness management program and plan. Learn what to write, how to complete a risk assessment and a hazards vulnerability analysis, and how to integrate an “all-hazards” approach into the plan. The webinar will review communication, training, and testing requirements, including tools to conduct an effectiveness review per CMS requirements. It will also include the latest guidance on how your agency will be surveyed for emergency preparedness and a public health emergency.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is recommended for all board members and executive and agency leadership team members, including CEOs, administrators, DOPCSs, clinical supervisors and managers, intake/referral staff, case managers, clinical leadership, clinical liaisons, regulatory/compliance/QA personnel, educators, IT staff, clergy members, social workers, volunteer coordinators, and medical directors.
- Fact sheet: CMS Releases Updated Emergency Preparedness Guidance
- CMS Emergency Preparedness Rule Toolkit: Hospices
- CMS memo: Guidance Related to Emergency Preparedness
- CMS Survey & Certification Group checklist: Emergency Preparedness for Every Emergency
- Valuable resource links, including:
- Red Cross: Emergency Preparedness Checklist
- NAHC: Emergency Preparedness Packet for Home Health Agencies
- Training log
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions