Effectively Manage Hospice Live Discharges Part 2: Eligibility Assessment, Documentation, Discharge Planning, & the Care Continuum
Date/Time: 08/11/2021, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Hospices are continuously faced with the dilemma of length of stay and eligibility regarding live discharges. Is your agency prepared for the live discharge process? Do you even have a process? Join this webinar to ensure your agency is not only prepared, but also has an effective process in place.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- Describe the hospice live discharge process
- Explain the importance of ongoing eligibility assessment
- Utilize the when, who, and how of planning a live hospice discharge
- Define required documentation for the different types of hospice live discharges
- Distinguish the role of the “care continuum” within a hospice live discharge
- Utilize hospice PEPPER reports to learn what live discharge data draws the government’s focus
When hospice services are discontinued due to ineligibility or another live discharge reason, people can feel like these critical services have been yanked out from under them. It is predicted that one in five patients could face a live discharge, and possibly even higher for those with a non-cancer diagnosis or in a for-profit hospice program. Part 2 of this two-part series will help your agency learn to identify and teach staff the difference between a revocation and a live discharge. It will review the need for ongoing eligibility assessment for the Medicare Benefit and explain why support documentation is so important.
Since the live discharge process is complex, it will be explored in-depth, emphasizing ongoing eligibility assessment, discharge planning, and how to support the care continuum even after services are discontinued. Reports and statistics targeted by the government will be addressed and you will learn if your agency is operating under the radar. These critical topics and more will be addressed in this highly informative webinar!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all leadership, including clinical management/supervisors, quality assurance staff, CFOs, medical directors, intake coordinators, RNs responsible for staff education, assessment team members, MSWs, and administrators.
- Hospice PEPPER User Guide Tenth Edition
- PEPPER Target Areas for Hospice
- Patient documents related to the live discharge process in English and Spanish
- MedPAC 2019 Report: ABN/DENC forms and instructions for appeal process
- Valuable links to websites and additional tools including:
- Hospice Live Discharges Audit Tool
- Characteristics of Hospice Programs with Problematic Live Discharges
- Submitting a Hospice NOE vis EDI: TOB 8XA
- Submitting a Hospice Notice of Termination/Revocation of Election: TOB 8XB
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
DON’T MISS PART 1!
on Wednesday, August 4, 2021