Date/Time: 04/07/2021, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
This is a 90-minute webinar.
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
11:00 am – 12:30 pm AKT
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Don’t let the 5% requirement hold your volunteer program back! Discover the ins and outs of calculating volunteer time and how to keep your program compliant. Ensure your initial training program meets Medicare CoPs and that managers feel confident in their role.
AFTER THIS WEBINAR YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
- State the importance of volunteers as part of the care planning process
- Explain which activities can be included in the 5% cost savings calculation
- Define the required content of a hospice volunteer training program
- Calculate the percentage of volunteer time
- Define the role and duties of the hospice volunteer director/manager
- Identify which Conditions of Participation relate to volunteer programs
The volunteer program is a core hospice service and is also required by CMS. One of its greatest challenges is meeting and maintaining the 5% volunteer requirement. Not all volunteer activities count towards that number, making it essential to understand which activities do qualify, whether direct or administrative. Learn how to accurately calculate and document volunteer time and report the 5% requirement.
This webinar will explore the specific Conditions of Participation that address hospice volunteer programs and a volunteer’s critical role in the care planning process. It will define the role and responsibilities of hospice volunteer directors and managers. Learn Medicare’s hospice volunteer training program requirements to ensure your agency’s initial training program exceeds them.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all hospice executive leadership, board members, volunteer directors and managers, compliance officers, CFOs, clinical managers, marketing personnel, human resources employees, education and training staff, and business development teams.
- Best Practices: Utilizing Volunteers in Hospice Organizations
- Tracking and Reporting Volunteer Activities on the Medicare Hospice Cost and Data Report
- Legal, Regulatory and Risk Management Issues for Hospice Volunteers
- Sample volunteer annual competency test
- Sample requirements of a state hospice volunteer training program
- Links to hospice training manuals and recruitment brochures
- PDF of slides and speaker’s contact info for follow-up questions
PLEASE NOTE: Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual organization’s use only.