Type of position: Social Worker
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Hospice Program: Halifax Health-Hospice
The Social Worker will be responsible for the psychosocial assessment and participate in the development of an interdisciplinary plan of care of the hospice patient/family to assure the best quality of life
- MSW from Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited school.
- Licensed or licensed eligible as a clinical social worker in the state of Florida.
- Valid driving license and good driving record.
- Must have one (1) year of healthcare experience.
- Social work or counseling background, knowledge of community resources
- One year of social work experience in a health care setting required.
- Working knowledge of systems theory and family dynamics.
- Strong clinical and assessment skills, including crisis intervention and the ability to work in a team setting.
- Organization, time-management, and self-awareness.
- Must be customer-service oriented and able to effectively communicate and build relationships with co-workers and key stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Professionalism in interpersonal verbal and written communication skills with colleagues, physicians and ancillary department personnel is required
- Skilled in providing care for pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Provide and document psychosocial assessments
- Provide psychosocial support and services to the patient/caregiver
- Facilitate community referrals
- Facilitate Nursing Home/Assisted Living Facility transfers
- Assess bereavement needs
- Provide crisis intervention
- Serve as a resource to the interdisciplinary team
- Participate in education of the community regarding Hospice care
*Halifax Health – Hospice*
Halifax Health – Hospice provides dignified comfort and compassion to patients and families facing the end-of-life. Here, the patient and family make choices about their care and the Halifax Health- Hospice team honors their wishes. Goals of care are met and quality of life is better because specially trained staff and volunteers focus on relieving symptoms, so patients and loved ones can focus on more important things – like sharing love. Founded on the principle that no one should die alone or in pain, Halifax Health- Hospice has never lost sight of its principal purpose. Since 1979, we have had the opportunity to share in life’s final journey with more than 45,000 terminally ill individuals and their families. Halifax Health- Hospice offers choices through our many programs supporting all types of care; such as in-home hospice care and in-patient Care Centers, which are located throughout Volusia and Flagler counties to meet the growing needs of the residents in our community.
Its average daily census is 600 patients cared for by 400 full-time professional employees and over 600 specially trained volunteers. In addition to caring for patients at home, in nursing homes, ALFs, and in hospitals, Halifax Health- Hospice operates a 16-bed Care Center in Port Orange, an 18-bed Care Center in Orange City and a 12-bed Care Center in Edgewater.
*About Halifax Health*
With an expanding network of specialized healthcare services, Halifax Health offers a tertiary hospital, community hospital, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center with four outreach locations, the area’s largest hospice, and Florida’s largest Emergency Department. Halifax Health provides the area’s only Level II Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, Neonatal and Pediatric Intensive Care Units, Pediatric Emergency Department, and Child and Adolescent Behavioral Services. Widely recognized for its outstanding medical staff and leading-edge technology, Halifax Health consistently receives top statewide and national ratings for its specialties, including orthopedics, spinal surgery, stroke services, vascular services, and cardiology.
Superior pay and benefits, plus a workplace where modern medicine is the standard has attracted a staff whose skills and caring attitude are unsurpassed. Halifax Health has been recognized for its working environment by many area publications and was ranked #1 in the Orlando Sentinel’s 2007 Top 100 Companies for Working Families. Halifax Health is the only company in Volusia County ranked in the Top 25 for the last four years. For more information, please visit http://www.halifaxhealth.org/.
Halifax Community Health System is a Certified Drug-Free Workplace.
Halifax Community Health System is a Smoke-Free Workplace.
Halifax Community Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online at www.halifaxhealth.org/careers