Type of position: Social Worker
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Hospice Program: Avow
Location: Collier County
PT Weekend Position (S, S 8:30a-5p) and PRN Positions available! The Social Services Coordinator provides direct social services and counseling to patients and families in relation to anxieties and stress precipitated by end-of-life or life-threatening illnesses. $3,000 sign-on bonus available! MSW and valid driver’s license required. LCSW preferred. Bilingual English/Spanish and Hospice experience a plus!
Avow Hospice has served Collier County, FL since 1983. Our organization is the original and only not for profit hospice in the county. Our Frances Georgeson Hospice House, built with community donations, is the only freestanding hospice inpatient facility in our county. As our community’s resource for grief and loss support, we hold grief and bereavement workshops and support groups. We are proud to be a Joint Commission and AHCA certified Hospice.
At Avow Hospice:
We commit ourselves to the highest standards of patient and family care and expect all of our employees to share that commitment.
Our employees embrace their work because it adds meaning to their own lives and offers a perspective on living that you just can’t get anywhere else.
Our Vision is fulfilling life’s promises, one person at a time. SM
If you share this Commitment and Vision, then we need you and you need us to start the New Year off right. Come join our team and truly make a difference in someone’s life while doing what you love for a living!
To apply, go to: https://avowhospice.applicantstack.com/x/openings
Type of position: Social Worker
Date Posted: Monday, June 9, 2014
Hospice Program: LifePath Hospice, Inc.
Location: Tampa, FL
As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, LifePath Hospice is committed to delivering expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community of West Central Florida during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care to in-home and community-based services we offer a wide range of support services to our patients and families. Our commitment to our community has created stable growth for our organization and rewarding careers for our team members. Currently, we are seeking an experienced Social Services Specialist. The Social Services Specialist will demonstrate joint responsibility with RN Care Coordinator for pediatric patients, patient transfers (i.e., home-inpatient-home), and coordinating with inpatient staff to assure continuity of care.
- Bachelors degree or above in Social Work (CSWE accredited).
- One year experience in health care/hospital setting required.
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of the concepts and practices of death and dying with children and adults.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and effectively handle the emotional stress of the workload.
- Able to remain calm, professional, trouble shoot and intervene with patient/family crisis situations.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance per company policy and procedure.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations.
- Ability to work unsupervised exercising a high degree of discretion & independent judgment.
- Ability to physically access any home, hospital, nursing home, and ALF i.e. navigate stairs, narrow stairs, narrow spaces, lack of air conditioning, etc.
- Ability to work in a team environment and intervene appropriately.
At LifePath Hospice, our team members thrive in an environment that fosters teamwork and professional growth. Our location offers the perfect Florida lifestyle to promote the ideal work / life balance. We reward each employees’ talent with a competitive salary and outstanding benefits.
To learn more about our opportunities and organization, we invite you to apply online at https://re2o.ultipro.com/LIF1002/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*A848995491A03F8A
Type of position: Social Worker
Date Posted: Friday, May 2, 2014
Hospice Program: Gulfside Hospice & Pasco Palliative Care
Location: New Port Richey, Florida
Gulfside Hospice & Pasco Palliative Care is seeking a compassionate and dynamic Social Worker to join our team! It is our vision to be the Provider of Choice for people in need and the Employer of Choice for talented, skilled and creative professionals.
Some of the responsibilities of the Social Worker include but are not limited to:
- Practices social work/counseling in a manner that is a model for professional and agency ethics, values and integrity and that complies with the letter and spirit of legal aspects.
- Adheres to the practice of confidentiality regarding patients, families, staff and GHPPC.
- Functions as an integral part of an interdisciplinary team in order to enhance the mission, policy and philosophy of GHPPC.
- Complies with all applicable laws and regulations with respect to collaborative agreements.
- Is sensitive and compassionate with a patient-centered attitude towards accepting death as a part of life and enhancing the quality of life for patients, assigned to his/her care.
- Participates in weekend duty schedule of social workers.
- Provides coverage for other social work staff as needed, including weekend rotation coverage.
- As part of the Admission team, performs patient psychosocial intake activities and disseminate of information regarding GHPPC as needed.
- When appropriate, assists in identifying and works with high-risk and/or suicidal patients/families and with patients/families experiencing other kinds of non-medical crisis.
- Participates in on-going psychosocial, spiritual and bereavement assessment of the patient/family in cooperation with interdisciplinary team.
- Assists with the development and implementation of a patient/family personalized care plan, which may include counseling, support information and/or referral to GHPPC and/or other community resources.
- Provides case management services relating to psychosocial needs for patient/family.
- Functions with proficiency using EMR software.
- Completes clinical documentation, psychosocial assessments, clinical notes and secondary reports in a timely manner, including Bereavement Assessment and cards.
- Provides input to Volunteer Coordinator regarding patient/family needs to promote volunteer assignment and match.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth and development through participations in educational and in-service training programs for professional staff, providing a record of programs attended to Human Resources. Responsible to review current health care literature relating to duties.
- Attends Interdisciplinary Group, case conferences and staff meetings as requested.
- Maintains and meets requirements of LCSW Board for CEU, as well as GHPPC requirements.
- Must have a master’s degree in social work.
- Must have two years experience in psychosocial assessment of patient/family.
GHPPC provides an excellent benefits package to all FT employees including affordable healthcare, dental, vision, company sponsored life insurance and LTD, AFLAC, EAP, voluntary life & STD, 403b Savings, FSA, PTO and paid holidays.
It is the policy of Gulfside Hospice & Pasco Palliative Care, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran, recently separated or other covered veteran, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Please apply at www.ghppc.org