Type of position: Executive, Fundraising
Date Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014
Hospice Program: Suncoast Hospice
Location: Clearwater, Pinellas County, Florida
Position is at the Suncoast Hospice Foundation. Join us in making a difference! Every day the people of Suncoast Hospice make exceptional care a reality for those living with serious illness, loss and grief. Right now, we are seeking an Executive Director for the Suncoast Hospice Foundation. This key leadership role is charged with making strategic decisions affecting the fundraising for Suncoast Hospice. Don’t miss this opportunity to take your career to the next level with a nationally recognized education provider, an innovator in healthcare technology systems and a leader in care for children and families. A career with Suncoast Hospice means you will enjoy a competitive salary, benefits package, work/life balance and peace of mind. So what are you waiting for? The life you change may be your own. Apply Today!
As the Executive Director you will be overseeing activities related to the analysis, planning, execution, control and evaluation of fundraising. You will work with the Foundation Board for all fundraising programs including activities designed to enhance and support the overall mission of Suncoast Hospice and its affiliates. It is expected that the amount raised by Suncoast Hospice and its affiliates will continue to increase in future years as the Executive Director systematically and effectively strengthens the organization’s overall fundraising capacity.
• Identifying, developing and mentoring the Foundation team
• Planning, organizing, staffing, directing, monitoring and reporting regularly on all fundraising activities
• Creating a system for tracking donor participation, identification/recognition and cultivation of prospects plus volunteer involvement in programs
• Developing and sustaining relationships with individuals and organizations in community necessary to support the goals of organization
• Expanding and diversifying the donor base/pipeline
• Keeping current on fundraising programs, practices and procedures being used in the nonprofit sector
• Preparing detailed plans of actions for all approved fundraising programs including budgets to support their implementation
• Assisting in volunteer leadership development for the Board of Trustees of the Hospice Foundation of the Florida Suncoast
• Reporting regularly on the progress of the development program
Executive Director Requirements:
We are looking for an Executive Director who will help forge new relationships to build Suncoast Hospice’s visibility, impact and financial resources. If you are a leader with a flexible and adaptable style, who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives, we want to talk to you!
• Bachelor’s Degree in field pertinent to fundraising; Master’s, preferred
• 5-10 years of experience in fundraising and community outreach
• CFRE or ACFRE, preferred
• Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time
• Proven ability to construct, articulate and implement strategic development plan
At Suncoast Hospice, we provide employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. In addition, you will find that salaries and benefit packages are competitive. Take a look at some of the benefits you will enjoy as a member of our team:
• Health, Dental and Vision insurance
• Life and disability insurance
• Flexible spending account
• 401(k) with company match
• Paid time off
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Leadership development programs
• Local, state and national workshops & conferences
• Continuing education credits
• Advanced certification courses
To apply for the position please visit www.suncoasthospice.org/careers.
Type of position: Executive, Leadership, Management (Non-clinical), Marketing
Date Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013
Hospice Program: Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care, Inc.
Location: Central Florida
The Vice President of Marketing and Outreach is responsible for developing and executing a clearly defined marketing and communication strategy in a manner that supports consistent business growth and enhances brand equity and awareness. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, training and managing all access, marketing, and outreach functions to achieve the organization’s objectives for sales, growth, profitability, and visibility while ensuring a consistent marketing message and position. The Admissions, Marketing, and Referral Center will report to this position.
- Develops, manages, coordinates and executes all marketing strategies and implements tactical plans that meet and exceed organization expectations.
- Leads and manages direct marketing, public relations, advertising, online marketing, event marketing and outreach efforts.
- Achieves targeted results and ensures timely and effective execution of marketing and outreach tactics and programs.
- Analyzes, evaluates, plans and executes both existing and potential marketing and outreach activities and strategies.
- Develops benchmark criteria to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of such activities and strategies.
- Identifies and endeavors to remove barriers to hospice services.
- Works closely with Leadership and Medical Staff to create demand and recognition for the organization.
- Monitors trends that indicate the need for new or revised services and collaborates with Leadership in service development.
- Ensures that the Access and Admissions Department provide maximum access to hospice services and contribute to the leadership of the organization.
- Develops and oversees departmental budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Master’s degree in a related field strongly preferred.
- Ten years of experience in a progressive Marketing role with five years of experience in management, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- A track record of performance excellence in meeting targets and objectives.
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting and budgeting/financial skills.
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach.
- Valid Florida driver’s license and required auto liability insurance.
Application Instructions: apply online at www.cshospice.org