Type of position: Director (Clinical), Nursing
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Hospice Program: Chapters Health System, Inc.
Location: Temple Terrace, FL
As a compassionate non-profit organization since 1983, Chapters Health System is committed to enhancing the lives of those affected by advancing age or illness. Through our comprehensive system of healthcare choices, we deliver expert care and heartfelt support to guide the community during the aging and end-of-life journey. From hospice and palliative care for adults and children suffering with life-limiting illnesses to in-home and community-based services for frail but independent seniors, Chapters Health offers a wide range of support services along life’s ever-changing landscape.
Role: The Director of Clinical Integration is the corporate expert and primary resource for facilitating clinical integration of clinical practice with clinical applications. Under the strategic direction of the Vice President Clinical Integration, the role is responsible for planning, organizing, and leading the activities of defined strategies of clinical integration throughout the organization. Integration encompasses clinical quality of EMR data governance, operational integrity of clinical information systems, process improvement and education related to EMR optimization. The Director supervises the Clinical Integration Specialist, the Clinical Integration Analyst and EMR Team.
- Masters degree in nursing from an accredited college or university with a focus in nursing, health or medical informatics.
- 5-10 years increasingly responsible experience in nursing, nursing supervision, nursing education and nursing administration.
- Hospice or home health experience preferred.
- Active Florida nursing license.
- Informatics Nursing Certification, or similar board certification, or will obtain within 18 months.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance per company policy; able to travel locally.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Joint Commission standards.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Nursing Informatics standards and Health Informatics standards.
- Experience in quality assurance and performance improvement.
- In-depth knowledge of evidence based practice, research utilization and professional development principles.
- Strong experience with information systems, clinical software and other computer applications. Experience at the expert level with Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Experience guiding clinical design, planning, implementation and coordination of EMR for clinical users.
- Project management certification and/or experience preferred.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and organization skills.
- Able to speak effectively and persuasively before groups and individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Apply online at https://re2o.ultipro.com/LIF1002/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*9C84397F07C1EE98
Type of position: Director (Clinical), Nursing
Date Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014
Hospice Program: VNA & Hospice of the Florida Keys
Location: Key West, FL
The Director of Clinical Services is responsible for planning, implementation and coordination of interdisciplinary staff to provide the highest in quality home healthcare in accordance with Standards of Care. Director of Clinical Services is responsible for hiring, training, supervising and performance evaluation of their direct report staff to ensure the highest levels of patient care and compliance with state and federal regulations.
Director of Clinical Services is responsible for ensuring compliance with Agency policies and procedures, state and federal regulations. Establishes standards of care and ensures those standards are met or exceeded through continuous education, training, and evaluation.
Director of Clinical Services is responsible for ensuring appropriate and accurate documentation of clinical services to comply with local, state and federal licensing and reimbursement requirements.
Director of Clinical Services aides with the development, implementation and control of the annual budget for clinical programs by determining the operating expenses, including staffing and capital requirements.
Education and Experience: A Master’s of Nursing is preferred. A Bachelor’s of Nursing and licensed in State of Florida is required. A minimum 3 years of experience in a home health agency, hospice program or other community health setting or equivalent acute care setting.
Visit our website at www.vnahospicekeys.org for information about Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice of the Florida Keys.
Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice of the Florida Keys has provided compassionate in-home health care for the residents of the Florida Keys (Monroe County) for over 30 years. Founded in 1984 by a group of volunteers, Visiting Nurse Association & Hospice of the Florida Keys remains the only not-for-profit hospice and visiting nurse program in the Keys, providing care to any resident regardless of their economic ability to pay for quality home health services. It is our passion and mission to enable individuals to remain in their homes by providing compassionate, effective, life-enhancing health and supportive services. We accomplish our mission by providing homemaker/companion services, rehabilitative care, palliative care, and hospice care for residents of the Florida Keys.
Please send your resume, references and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org