Type of position: Director (Clinical)
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Hospice Program: Big Bend Hospice
Location: Tallahassee, FL
This position is responsible for assuring the delivery of quality patient care to all our patients and ensuring that the hospice care provided is consistent and compliant with professional standards, licensing, regulatory guidelines and BBH policy/procedures. Other responsibilities include assistance with planning and development of clinical budgets, review of operational expenses, and any other plans for allocation of fiscal resources according to the scope of services provided.
This position will require the ability to manage resources wisely and identify opportunities to improve efficiency and performance. Additional duties will include developing nursing and clinical staff goals and providing leadership and coaching to Team Managers. This position requires a Bachelor’s degree but a Master’s degree is preferred. An active Florida RN license is required but CHPN certification is preferred. A minimum of 3 years supervisory experience is required, preferably in hospice, home health or long term care.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com or fax to (850) 325-6290.
Type of position: Care Coordinator, Director (Clinical), Nursing
Date Posted: Monday, February 17, 2014
Hospice Program: Good Shepherd Hospice, Inc
Location: Bartow Office
Role: The Clinical Team Supervisor is responsible for the daily clinical coordination, supervisor and oversight of the Interdisciplinary Group (IDG) in delivering palliative, supportive and emergent care to the patient/family unit as indicated in the plan of care.
• Current Florida license as RN, or current license from another state plus a temporary Florida permit.
• Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance in the State of Florida.
• Reliable transportation to meet visit schedule.
• Minimum of three (3) years nursing experience, with at least one (1) year acute and medical surgery nursing.
• Excellent critical decision making and problem solving skills.
• Ability to use equipment with visual and auditory mechanisms.
• Ability to effectively communicate in English.
• Flexible schedule to meet the needs of hospice patients.
• Ability to physically access any home i.e. navigate stairs and narrow spaces, tolerate heat and lack of air conditioning, in any area Company serves.
• Ability to manage the emotional stress of working with and caring for terminally ill patients and their families.
• Ability to perform the essential functions and physical requirements (including, but not limited to: lifting patients and/or equipment, bending, pushing/pulling, kneeling) of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this position.
Responsibilities of all employees:
• Represent the Company professionally at all times through care delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
• Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations, maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
• Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard practices.
• Observe the Company’s health, safety and security practices.
• Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues and other sensitive situations within the Company.
• Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
• Promote the Company through participation in community and professional organizations.
• Participate proactively in improving performance at the organizational, departmental and individual levels.
• Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
• Advance electronic media skills.
• Support Company research and educational activities.
• Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
• Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement activities as appropriate for the position.
Leadership Success Factors:
• Communication. Express thoughts and ideas clearly. Adapt communication style to fit audience.
• Initiative. Originate action to achieve goals.
• Management Identification. Identify with and accept the problems and responsibilities of management.
• Judgment. Make realistic decisions based on logical assumptions, factual information and in consideration of organizational resources.
• Planning, Organizing and Controlling. Establish course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal; plan proper assignments of personnel and appropriate allocation of resources. Monitor results.
• Leadership. Use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods in guiding others.
• Ethics. Model highest standards of conduct and ethical behavior, adopting a strong position against fraud and abuse.
• Regulatory Compliance: Educate and monitor staff regarding their own and the organization’s responsibilities for regulatory compliance.
For more information regarding this position, follow the link provided under Apply.
To apply, follow the link: https://re2o.ultipro.com/LIF1002/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*C09E52A998644DB1