Type of position: Accounting, Management (Non-clinical)
Date Posted: Friday, March 7, 2014
Hospice Program: Tidewell Hospice
Location: Sarasota, Florida
The Accounts Receivable Manager is responsible for the supervision of the accounts receivable department and ensures that all accounts receivable tasks are performed in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and per internal policy and procedure. Must have experience managing accounts receivable for a healthcare organization.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Accounting or Business from a four year college or university.
- Minimum of 6 years related full-time accounting / accounts receivable experience.
- AR Certification preferable.
- Two-three years of supervisory experience.
- An equivalent combination of professional experience and education may be considered as meeting the Education / Professional requirements.
5955 Rand Blvd
Sarasota, FL 34238
Hours are 8am – 5pm Mon – Fri
Please apply on line at http://tidewell.org/hospice/careers/job-searchapply/
Type of position: Accounting, Administrative/Clerical, Admissions
Date Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014
Hospice Program: Chapters Health System, Inc.
Location: Telecom Park – Corporate Office
Role: The primary functions of an Insurance Verification Representative are the daily management of the assigned portion of the referrals/admissions, typically allocated based on teams. Basic responsibilities include daily verification of Hospice benefits for all referrals and admissions from all payers. The Insurance Verification Representative may also perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to special patient accounting projects, data entry and cash applications.
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum one year of medical billing and collection experience required.
- Knowledge of third party billing and state and federal collection regulations preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task independently with little supervision.
- Must be self-motivated, service oriented and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Requires typing and data entry skills with emphasis on accuracy.
- Valid drivers’ license and automobile insurance.
- Performs verification functions for all payers for each referral and admission to ensure complete and accurate information is recorded in Solutions on the patient account.
- Process account set-up for each admission ensuring the accuracy of paysource.
- Coordinate Face to Face activities with Enrollment Center, Admissions Departments and Compliance
- Work directly with third party payers, internal and external customers, and other contract clients toward effective and efficient processes in accordance with departmental policy and procedures.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of third party reimbursement requirements for payers assigned for handling.
- Utilizes all resources available, including electronic inquires to verify eligibility, benefits and claim status.
- Exercises good judgment towards account resolution and documents all activity on account in a clear, accurate and consistent manner utilizing appropriate online system.
- Work Medicare non-recert report and DDE verification report monthly and provide required information.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills when responding to incoming or outgoing calls in a most courteous manner providing clear and appropriate information as needed.
- Generate and key 81A’s as required.
- Advise team lead and/or supervisor of any billing errors, payer trends in claims processing, denials or payment fluctuations, to ensure proper handling and escalation as necessary.
- Attends and actively participates in departmental meetings.
- Meet departmental productivity and quality assurance standards in accordance with departmental policies.
- Responsible for special projects and all other duties as appropriate under supervision of Patient Accounts management.
To apply, click the following link: